At Cordlife, we understand that as a parent, you did not have a chance to store your own precious cord blood. That is why, we have extended the biological insurance coverage of storing your baby’s cord blood to 3 generations of your family with CordBlood Network.
Unlike other cord blood banks that provide basic cord blood banking for only your child, CordBlood Network, a Cordlife initiated programme will assist in the search for a matching cord blood unit should the need arise for your child, his/her biological parents and biological grandparents. With CordBlood Network, you can now protect 3 generations of your family by storing your baby’s cord blood with Cordlife.
Facts about Cord Blood Banking
Chances of using stem cells
- 1 in 217 chance that a person may need cord blood stem cells for treatment in their life time1.
- 12 cord blood units were releases for transplants and therapeutic applications by Cordlife Group.
- 73% of cord blood transplants by ViaCord were self-use, 27% were from siblings1.
Higher chance of finding a match within the patient’s family
- The odds of finding a match in the same racial group is around 1 in 20.0002.
- The procurement fee for donated cord blood in Singapore is between $30,000 and $75.0002
- 25% chance of a 100% match between siblings. A perfect match is required for bone marrow transplants, but not in cord blood transplant3.
1. Nietfeld JJ, Pasquini MC, Logan BR, Verter F, Horowitz MM. Lifetime probabilities of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the U. S. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008;14:316-322.
2. Joan Chew (July 18, 2013). Criterion for new stem-cell transplant. The Straits Time
3. National Marrow Donor Program Webiste. www.marrow.org. Accessed April 10, 2014.